Sunday, November 29, 2009

I left my brain at Shit Creek.

Now that I'm on board the Shit Creek canoe (and wielding a paddle... mostly on Nigel... he's incorrigible) Paul thinks I should post to the SCR blog. So here I am. Too bad I have nothing to say.

Ever since I came on board I've been teaching myself PHP and the ins and outs of Wordpress. Not that I need to do much for SCR, with the brilliant Peter Bloxsom working quietly behind the scenes. But it's a compulsion. The left side of my brain wants - no, needs - to be creative, in its sharp, clean, linear way. It knows poets don't think much of it, and it doesn't care; it's not very social. It's a nerd, but that can be a good thing. Old Lefty has integrity. It has principles, it has rigor. It also has its own sense of beauty, its own deep yearnings - O, when a piece of code works perfectly! When is a poem ever perfect? So sneer if you want to, murky-minded poets. Lefty loves the symmetry of curly braces, the humility of tags that are never greater-than they are less-than, the democratic nature of one foreach. It's a poet of the people, it sings as it works.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cioara Andrei said...

Foarte interesant subiectul postat de tine. M-am uitat pe blogul tau si imi place ce am vazut.Cu siguranta am sa il mai vizitez.
O zi buna!

<$BlogItemFeedLinks$>

7:45 am  
Blogger Caratacus said...

Yay Rose! Keep Blogging On! SCR Blog needs its editors to post material of interest to poetry lovers, as Pat and I have been doing here for several years now. May the Blog be with you!

<$BlogItemFeedLinks$>

11:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home